Tuesday, September 28, 2010

1913 Days of Seattle


Today is a last, and tomorrow... a first!
It's been a more than memorable past five years up here in Seattle. It kind of feels like it's always been home. Things grew here. I (really) grew here.
Tomorrow I head out on my own, though, to try on a new city - Portland, Oregon.
Lucky for me, Michael is a l s o  moving and is loading me up and dropping me off on his way down to his next home - LA. Us. Moving. Fitting!
Thinking that I was leaving on Sunday, I'm feeling pretty over the whole living in boxes thing and got sick of looking at trinkets and clothes everywhere so I went for (yet another) spin on the the ol' "just ditch it!" train. Best. Method. Ever. Just lose it. Pass it on, recycle it, donate it, let somebody else love it (if you're not going to use it... and you know half of what you fancy collects more dust than praise...)! At this point, I think half my wardrobe and kitchen trinks and dresser doo-dad-what-a-nutters are laying next to the dumpsters in the alley. I figure I could support a cause (dumpster divers unite!), and lighten my load. Pack light. Pack with care. Pack what feels good. Pack what you u s e! That's my motto after half a paper container of pinot and I'm sticking to it. Every move over this past year and a half just seems to get smaller and smaller. I like that. Tugging along less and less. More room for me. More room for kraphtwurk. Less room for old attachments. More room for more loves, more memories, more hobbies, and most important -- more more m o r e  inspirations!

The past week has been filled, f i l l e d, filled with family and friendly visits and hugs and besos and grateful-gifting and celebrating and thanking and tearing-up and meal-sharing and drinking. There is absolutely no shortage of love here. None.

Yesterday brought good things.
Today brought good things.
Tomorrow -- good things.

So many thanks and all of my love to those of you who have been a part of my life up here in Seattle. New city. New chapter. But hey - same book, so don't stray too far!

See you tomorrow, Little Beirut. See you tomorrow Kirsten, Silje & Kari ( a n d  Cupcake, Ruby & Aspirin)!

2 comments:

  1. Love that you're blogging lady! And I love that you're now officially part of our little family! Many, many craft nights, and mariachi parties to come <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! Silje! The funs to come, my dear! <3 Love that I get to be a part of your guys' little, sweet, adorable N PDX life :)

    ReplyDelete